Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 30- Day Challenge: 1- 2 Cups of Coffee A Day

I started loving coffee when I was in college where in you needed something to perk you up in the morning, in the middle of the day during boring classes or even at night when studying for exams. Since then, coffee was a regular drink for me especially when I went on a night shift job. 

As far as I remembered the maximum coffee intake that I had in a day was 5 cups and that was like when I was working home-based. But on the average today I get to have like 3-4 cups in a day. Yeah, I know its too much that's why I'm having this 30-day challenge of 1- 2 cups of coffee only in a day. 

There are health benefits of regular coffee intake. However, for most of all things too much of something may not be good so as with drinking coffee too much. 

  • Women who has at least 3 cups of coffee intake daily may have live longer compared to those who does not drink coffee at all. 
  • Studies shows that drinking coffee may reduce the risk and more likely to have Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia and Parkinson's Disease.  
  • Coffee can ease pain of headaches and migraine. Yes, I can surely attest to this one since I do have severe migraine. And every time I got attacks I just grab a cup of brewed coffee. 
  • Study shows that drinking coffee may lower the risk of certain cancer such as oral, esophageal, pharyngeal and prostate cancer.
  • Coffee prevents constipation since it has a laxative- properties. 
  • Coffee is an antioxidant. It contains polyphenols that has antixodant effects that reduces cell oxidative damage. 
  • Coffee decreases the risk of gout. 
There are certainly numerous benefits of taking coffee regularly. However, aside from these benefits drinking too much coffee may also cause some not sooo good effects on our health. 

I have survived my first day of challenge yesterday, and I only had 1 cup yesterday morning. Upon writing this blog I only had 1 cup for breakfast. Wish me luck on this! 




Reference: 

No comments: